Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A lovers lullaby

I hear the thunder roll
and stare out at the dark sky.
The pitter-patter of the rain
magnifies the eerie silence I feel inside.

A void
that's slowly filling.
With cynicism, hatred and despair
All together at once.

The more I try to avoid it
fight it and move on.
The tighter the feeling clasps itself
around my heart.

I pray for help to arrive,
Maybe I should ask.

Like a thirsty bloodsucker
it steals the elixir from me.
Happiness draining out
I find it hard to breathe.

Sleepless nights I befriend
like a lover I'll never leave.
If only I could cheat
to find a happy day to greet me.

A tear rolls down my cheek
as I pray for the day I would learn to live again.
But pain, hatred and despair
refuse to let go of me.

Like they are the masters.
And I am their keep.

I scream, wail, and die
again and again on the inside.
This torturous journey refusing to end
I find myself giving up on me.

From a distance
I hear your voice.
I halt.
Your voice. It’s louder now.

Like a drop of sweet golden honey
on my tongue.
Like the caress of a soft feather
on my cheek.

I begin to relax.
I begin to breathe.

Your voice grows louder
and I no longer feel like I'm lost at sea.
Like a beacon you guide me
your voice being the tune my heart wants to beat.

In a life where miracles
don't happen very often.
Every night you heal me
with your speech.

I have found myself again
I now smile effortlessly.
You are the reason I wake up
experiencing beautiful dreams.

Your voice like a lullaby
puts me to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment